As we advance with the development of the CEO game (Currently expected to release to beta at 1/1/2010) I thought that we should share with you the key points that will be focused in the first version of the game. As we mentioned in earlier posts the CEO game as serious game and as Web 2.0 will evolve according to feedbacks that will be received for our community. Therefore we decided to share with you the goals and the key features that the first beta version will include.
The key goal of the CEO Game in its beta version is to improve the business management skills of its participants. The CEO game will do it by combining factors normally seen in business simulations and management simulation in to one serious game.
Among those factors you will be able to find:
- Managing human resources: as CEO of your own company you will have to learn the rules of employing employees, motivating them and even firing them when needed.
- Managing development projects: You will have to take key calls and decide the future of your upcoming products (The wrong call might end up costing your job).
- Fighting for your market share: The ground is limited and competition is rising. You will have to decide how to beat other companies to raise your own revenue
- Creating business networks: Like in real life having the right connections can be the difference between a Forbes 500 companies to a bankrupt business.
- Managing production lines. Knowing how much to produce and where, are the questions you will have to answer.
- Dealing with government regulation. Learning when you should enter a specific market and when you shouldn’t and also learn how to deal with the law.
The CEO game will include educational material to assist you in the learning’s of the business world. We aim to give you the tools that are required to succeed in the game without feeding you the material. We believe that’s the best way to learn for a serious game. As we continue with the development of the project we will update you with more details on each feature so make sure your updated.